Monday, June 20, 2011

Berries!

Look what I got out of my garden a couple of days ago!

Don't worry, my guy didn't do the picking, I did. He's just modeling!

All this cool weather and late rain has been so good for the berries. They are lots bigger than usual and there are LOTS more than usual. Lucky me!!

And speaking of berries, on our way home from Salt Lake City we stopped at a lovely fruit stand called Murray Family Farms. I think it was somewhere outside of Bakersfield.


Anyway, they had blueberries.

Lots and lots of blueberries.

U-pick. My favorite! And pickers could fill this big ol' bucket for a mere $20. Can you believe it?! Of course, I had to fill a bucket. My guy was not so excited as I was, but he agreed to the plan as long as it was followed by a nice big fat steak at the next steakhouse we passed. (I win again!)

It took us a full 1 and 1/2 hours to fill that bucket, but it was SO worth it. And the best part of all...blueberries are easy to pick! They are high off the ground and completely THORN-LESS!

Hope you are enjoying the fruits of the season in your little corner of the world too!

(And just between us, fruit pie makes an excellent breakfast. YUM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment