Monday, July 12, 2010

How Many Years?

This past weekend, my guy and I celebrated our anniversary. We have been married a long, long time! As a matter of fact, we have been married longer than we haven't. Isn't it crazy how time passes? In my little mind, there is no possible way I am old enough to have been married this long. Nope, no possible way! And the mother of daughters in their twenties!! How did that happen. It was just last week that I was rocking them to sleep every night. Good grief.

So, I am sure that you are all dying to know what us "old folks" do for our anniversaries. Lucky for you I am in the mood to tell you all about it. And I've got pictures too!!

First of all, we skipped church. Yikes! Just a couple of back-slidden heathens. But we make good soup.

Then we set out on a little 1 day road trip. For me a road trip is all about the road. It's the trip, you know what I mean? The busy highways, the little byways, the music, the chit-chat, the impulsive stops, the roadside picnics, the map, the truckstop coffee, the sunrise and the sunset. I just love it. But for my guy, the destination is the entire point of a road trip. So, he picked the destination and promised to make the trip fun.

Where did we go??

The Bass Pro Shop, of course. And Red Robin for dinner. Fishing, hunting, burgers and beer. My guy was a happy camper. The only thing that could have made the day better was if I had agreed to make the trip (8 driving hours) in his precious 1987 jeep. But I declined. A girl has got her limits. And that bucket of bolts would have completely ruined the trip part of the trip.

The Bass Pro has become a huge part of my life. My guy adores the place. He has taken me to almost every single one in America! And, just to keep me well rounded, he has thrown in a few Cabela's and Ducks Unlimited. I know. I am a luck,y lucky girl.

So, just in case you have not had the opportunity to visit Bass Pro, I present this little collection of photos:

The local wildlife.

The fun begins long before you enter the store!

Very well stated.

The ones that didn't get away.

I actually love these enormous fireplaces. If you visit in a cooler season, there are big fires burning and plenty of comfortable seats for hanging out with a good book. And Bass Pro has great cookbooks and nature books.

Bait.

Did you know that you catch fish with fake fish?

And all poles must be tested out. It's the Bass Pro law, and it is strictly enforced.

Ditto for guns.

Home furnishing for all decors. ("It's camo, it blends in," he says.) I declined.

But wait. What do the ladies do at Bass Pro? You know the quilter mom who likes to cook and garden. Well, I already mentioned the nature and cookbooks and the comfy seats by the fire. But, there is also clothing and jewelry.

If it is your anniversary your guy will be sure you leave with a pretty little "camo" colored bracelet.

And you can get this thing for beer steaming chicken on the bbq. (I'll let you know.)

And, of course, there is an entire aisle of these tackle organizers. You will be able to find the perfect one to organize any quilt project. This one is a travel case for my hexies.


And last, but not least, a few decorating ideas. The kind that don't "blend in".

And now you know!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Happy Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I wouldn't have taken that jeep either! It was more top heavy than I remember and the clutch just as far! Guess that's what happens when you're short...luckily I didn't have to go too far!

    ReplyDelete