Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Introducing Autumn's Bounty

A Free Block of the Month!

Autumn is nipping at our heels, and you know what that means:
Pumpkins
Gorgeous Leaves
Back to School
Crickets
Hay Rides
Corn Mazes
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Nippy Mornings
Halloween
Cider
Mums
And, of course, the perfect quilting weather!

So, let's celebrate it all with a fun new BOM.
This pattern was inspired by my quilting girlfriends.
We are taking a year off from our usual round-robin quilt projects and doing this mystery BOM instead.
Join us if you want to. It's gonna be fun. And did I mention, it has an Autumn theme.

Block 1: The Pumpkin



Grab the BOM Button!





Update: I was recently made aware of the fact that I did not come back to this post and link in Block 4. Oopsies!!

But, in all honesty, I will probably not remember this faux pas a month from now either!!
So... please remember I will post the next block on the second Monday of every month. And don't get left behind!!



Did you hear about our new POM??!!
If not, you can check it out here and here.

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely block, Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year.

    I look forward to seeing what you share with us.

    Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love your pumpkin block, I can't wait for the next installment, thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this BOM!! Thanks for sharing!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like my kind of quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rana, thank you for this BOM. Autumn is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this. Maybe by next year at this time, I will have finished something!! Already put your button on the sidebar of my quilt blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great pumpkin block! I am a beginner so hopefully it won't be too hard! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have printed out the Pumpkin block. Will try to put your button on my blog. I will also try to keep up with this BOM. (LOL)

    Thank you for offering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems autumn is a favorite of many of us. It always makes me think of walking to school in a new red plaid pleated skirt, the sound of crackling leaves under new shoes. I love this time of year, thanks for sharing the BOM.
    Kate in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet pumpkin. Great directions. Nice and clear. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't seem to find the 1st BOM link to the pdf to open and print. I'd love to participate.
    Eleana form Claremont California
    eleanaz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a fun BOM to make. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Annette from Saskatchewan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to making this BOM , thanks so much for sharing it with us. Sheila in Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So love your pumpkin block. Look foward to seeing what you have in store for us. Thank you for sharing this free BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely block! Thank you for sharing with us! I've added your button to my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this BOM. I am somewhat new and maybe this will stretch my abilities. Already added button. http://debbie-sewingintexas.blogspot.com/
    Peaceful sewing,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the beautiful pumpkin. I will be playing catch up on the blocks and also adding the button to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am looking forward to this BOM as my daughters favorite time of the year is fall. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I love this!!! Found out though Fiesta!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute cute cute can't wait to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the finish shown with Block 11!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I finally got around to starting Autumn's Bounty! I'm working on the third month's blocks right now. I posted a pic of the pumpkin on my blog and the strip blocks. Thanks again for this really nice wall hanging BOM!

    ReplyDelete