Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Today I am going to close out the Ireland memories with an assortment of photos of the Irish countryside. The rolling hills, the ocean, the sunrises and sunsets, the natural monuments and the ever-present waterfalls are what make the beauty of the Emerald Isle truly unbelievable. These pictures do not do it justice, but you'll get the idea.




You may not know this, we didn't, but the ocean in Ireland is very different than it is on the central coast. And, it may be true of the Atlantic in general, I don't know. But it was calm and serene the entire time we were there. We asked some of the locals about it, and they said that, yes, it always looks like that. No giant waves crashing up on huge sandy beaches. Just calm and gentle beauty. Who knew!





This place is called the Giant's Causeway, and was actually in Northern Ireland.



This rainbow appeared on our very last day . So, we think that the luck of the Irish was upon us!

We started with a door, and we will end with one too. I hope you have enjoyed this little "tour" of the Motherland!

Now, let me just say, that 7 blog entries in 8 days is too much blogging! So, now I am signing off for a week or so!! I need to get to my garden and my quilting, but I will see you again soon. TTFN.

1 comment: