Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Whig Rose

I am finally going to post my April finishes. And to say finishes (plural) is a tricky little thing. But, first things first.

This is my finished Whig Rose. Didn't she turn out so beautiful!! This quilt has been hanging around here for several YEARS, cut out and partially appliqued. But, I have not been very motivated to finish it. So, several months ago I passed out the unfinished blocks to my quilt group! Such a good idea. It was just the help I needed, and they did a fabulous job. The borders came together easy enough, and the quilting was fun.


Now, here's where things get a little tricky. 1) I needed a label and 2) I have a zillion and a half unfinished projects. SO, combining the two seems like a good plan. The coxcomb project volunteered for the job. I only had one finished block for that quilt, so I cut it in half on the diagonal and viola! Two labels, one for now and one for later.


Thirdly, I came across an old project that I had listed in the sidebar as Tiny Thimbles. Now, as it happens, Tiny Thimbles and I have grown apart. No longer destined to be chums, it was off to the thrift store! So long, Fair well, It's time to say adieu.....

And that makes three finishes for April. Yippee!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Very clever Mom! And I think that block makes for an adorable label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, not so sure about the 3, but the whig rose is super great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt Rana!

    ReplyDelete