Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Start and a Finish

Let's start with the finish.

This quilt has been in my UFO pile for many many years.
It was inspired by a friend of mine who once made 4 little quilt blocks for me that she said were inspired by the colors of a misty summer morning. Doesn't that just sound so beautiful? She used soft blues and greens and yellows and pieced them into log cabin blocks. And in the process, she inspired me to be inspired.

So, this quilt is called Misty Summer Morning. It is made with purples and blues and grays and yellows and white. And the NYB block is framed up to look like a rising sun seen through a window. It makes me happy, in an early morning-full of promise-kind of way.

It turned out just exactly as I had imagined!

And now for the start.
I doesn't look like much does it!?

But I am hoping it will turn out just exactly as I have imagined!
I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that is just gorgeous, it really shines, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete