Monday, October 22, 2012

Mini Design Boards


These little design boards are so fabulous!

I don't know about you, but I have a bad habit of mixing up pieces when I move them from my design wall or my cutting table over to my sewing machine. Even when I think that I have everything all in order, things can still turn out jumbled. So annoying!

But these little boards have pretty much eliminated my problem.

How do they work, you ask?

Well, when you are cutting out your quilt block (at your cutting table on the opposite side of the sewing room as your machine) you simply lay the block out on the board as you go. You spend all the time you want fussing and arranging colors and values and whatever else you might fuss about. Then, when you have it just so, you simply pick up the entire thing and walk over to your machine and sew it. No re-ordering or re-arranging or trying to remember anything. Just simple, accurate piecing.

I love these boards!

If you want to make one (or two or ten) for yourself (and all of your friends), check out a bee in my bonnet's tutorial here.

Psst...Christmas is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment