Friday, December 23, 2011

Inspired by...

Two this time.

First up is Go Gingham.
She inspired me to pick all of my basil just before our first expected frost and make a giant batch of pesto. It was all packed into jars and put in the freezer so we could enjoy it all winter long.
Isn't that a good idea? I wish I had thought of it myself. Years ago!!


Second is Pinterest...or more specifically pelinchef as pinned on Pinterest.

Doesn't that look so so so yummy??!!
Not to mention the beautiful photography.

Now if you pop over to this blog, you are gonna need a translator, because it is in a foreign language. But if you are like me, you can just skim the photos (if needed) and improvise.
This is where my ready-made pesto comes in. And I have a loaf of my favorite bread dough rising in the bread machine right now. When it is ready, I am gonna take it out and use my best cinnamon roll making skills to make these pesto rolls.

I'll let you know it works out.
Oh yum.

And just in case you need a really good pesto recipe, here's mine. (This recipe actually came from my friend Linda C, who is THE BEST cook in the county and quite possibly the whole world, but I have been using it for many many years. And it is the ONLY one I use. So I really think of it as mine. Even though it isn't.)

Lemon Pesto:
3 c packed basil leaves
3/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c pine nuts
2 cloves of garliczest and juice of 1 lemon

puree all in a food processor. s&p to taste. enjoy.

Update:
So far, so good.
Ready to rise.
One for now and one for later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm honored and your pesto looks wonderful! Well done. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How yummy!! I have to laugh, I just went over and checked out the recipe and translator makes me laugh!! pesto looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the pesto recipe. My basil didn't do so well this year, but the three fruity sages are still growing in my living room, and the rosemary and lemon grass are fine out in the cold still. I'll try the basil again next year, and make this pesto, as it sounds yummy, and the bread looks so good. I keep thinking about getting a bread machine. They are cheaper than a Kitchen Aid with a dough hook!

    ReplyDelete