Saturday, June 30, 2012

Inspired by...

Lindsay's Parmesan Zucchini Fries as seen on Pinterest!

LinkDon't those look yummy!?

I have been harvesting lots of zucchini lately. Actually, it is about the only thing we are getting from the garden right now. There have been a few stray cucumbers and tomatoes, but the zucchini is booming.

Now, as you probably remember, my guy is a veggie hater. Well...he is more of a meat lover veggie no thank-er, so I have to be a little creative sometimes. Usually, with zucchini, I just hide it. Like last week, I grated a big one into a pot of chile verde. He loved it. And double chocolate zucchini cake... he loves it. And meat loaf...he never sees it coming. But sometimes I just want to make zucchini, not hide it. So I have been looking for some good recipes. Recipes that would even make a veggie hater re-think his ways.

So when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I thought I would give it a try. I made it for dinner last night, and even my guy liked it and said that it was good enough to make again!

Houston, we have a winner!!

You can get Lindsay's recipe (which is actually Georgia's recipe :)) here. And serve them with a side a marinara. They will definitely disappear!!

Oh yeah, did I mention that they are totally healthy!? Baked, not fried. No added fat. And crunchy. Very crunchy. Oh yum.

1 comment:

  1. Those look really good. I think I pinned that to my board too. I'm going to try them!

    ReplyDelete