Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 9: Coaticook Gorge

Coaticook Gorge is home to the world's longest suspended footbridge, as certified by the Guinness Book of World Records. Can't just drive by that!








So, this freaked my guy out a little bit. The height combined with the sway. He says he was just nervous, but he looked a-scared to me. Actually, my guy is not a scaredy cat. He can count 4 whole times in his entire life when he felt actual fear. Three of them involved heights (not counting this time, which was "just nervous") and the fourth time involved me. It was early in our marriage and I had been pressed into service as his assistant. I was holding a board that he was cutting. The saw skipped, and he thought he had cut my arm off. He hadn't, but it scared. But I digress...

It was a lovely hike. And that final picture.... the beginnings of a BIG downpour of rain right after we got back to the car!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Mother Nature waited for you. I would have fears crossing that bridge too!

    ReplyDelete