Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 1: Lodgings

Hello again.
If you are not one of my daughters, or my BFF, or my new friend Susie (hi Susie), or my dear friend Linda B, you may want to sign out for a couple of weeks. It's going to be all vacation, all the time!
But, if you do decide to follow along, you will probably find plenty of amusement. Because when me and my guy travel...well, things happen. Funny things. Hilarious things. Unbelievable things. It is so much fun!!
Like crossing the border, for example.
The border guard asked us where we were going (and a million other things). So, I offered up my highly rehearsed French pronunciation of the town and resort we were headed to. Well, Mr None-To-Friendly told me that my French was lousy and that I needed to answer all remaining questions in English.
Sheesh! So much for goodwill and all that jazz.

We actually spent our first night in Stowe VT, at a cute little ski logde.
Here are a few pictures of the furniture in our room, and the hand hewn chairs in the dining room.






It turns out that the owner of the lodge has ties to the central coast. His last name is Seaburg. Hmmmm.....I guess it really is a small world.

1 comment: