Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Morning Cartoons

I have spent most of the week in bed or on the couch, sick.
The first few days I did nothing but sleep. Then, I was feeling better enough to be awake but not better enough to do anything. So I watched a lot of daytime tv.
Now, in case you did not know this already, daytime tv is not that good. It's all court tv, talk shows and infomercials. Lots of infomercials...Zumba workout videos, AAA roadside service, Milana Bras, Nuwave ovens, the Perfect Tortilla... (I may or may not be ordering one of these things!)

But today, well today is Saturday. And that means Saturday morning cartoons. Whoo-hoo! I was feeling better (and younger) just thinking about it.

Then, I turned on the tv. And guess what? Zero good cartoons (anime and dragons and super heores?? Big thumbs down!), sports and....you guessed it infomercials!

So, when did Saturday morning cartoons die? When did we lose Tom and Jerry? Land of the Lost? The Flintstones? The Jetsons? LOONEY TOONS?? All of those great Loony Toons characters: Wile E, Pepe Le Pew, Speedy, Woody, Porky, Bugs and Daffy and Elmer Fudd, Tweety and Sylvester, Foghorn and Yosemite Sam.

Oh no. Then there are all of the Hanna-Barbera friends: Yogi and Boo-Boo, Quickdraw and Huckleberry Hound, Scooby Doo and Magilla. And the smurfs!

And what about School House Rock?!

Where are the 70's when I need them??

Turns out they're on You tube!

2 comments:

  1. Rana - so sorry you were sick - being sick is no fun - I know, I had fun once (ha ha). I agree with you about TV, but all of TV! 100s of channels and nothing on. And then when they show a movie, they show the same movie to death, yet I know there are other great movies out there. And while we are on the topic - why the heck do we even have to watch commercials when we are paying for television (cable, dish, whatever). I think we consumers need to do a protest! Anyway, glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Youtube and Schoolhouse Rock! Hope you're feeling lots better <3

    ReplyDelete